Wednesday, June 18, 2008

With Love, From Hawai'i Day 4

Here we are on one of the most beautiful islands in the world...beaches galore. Yet we spend hours...yes hours...over the past week trying to find this beach that the locals say is perfabulous.a.must.see. After asking workers at the Maui Dive Shop (and by workers I mean at least 3 different guys at different times and different days) the last one put it simply and honestly:

"Just drive north on that road out there until you reach...uh...well...I mean I've been going there so long its just natural to turn at the road on the left."

Note to Maui Dive worker- of course there are roads to the left; left is the way to the beach, all roads lead to the beach on Maui.

But perseverance pays off on Day 4.



We found it. Once again, very quiet, very few people. I spent time attempting to use a body board (unsuccessfully). But I did successfully spend time watching the Kite Surfer. He was incredible to watch. Riding the waves and flipping in the air when the wind caught his kite. In the above picture you can see the crescent kite in the mid-left.

We settled in to spend some of the daylight hours relaxing on this windy beach. Soon, I was covered with layers of sand- sticking to me AND to all my stuff. Eventually we tossed in the towel (literally) and packed it in back to our condo. Where I napped, and Mom and Lisa checked out our pool and beach front view.

My next trip to Maui will include surfing lessons.period.

No comments: