Sunday, June 15, 2008

With Love, From Hawai'i Day 1

...of a trip that I am looking forward to making again. I've decided that I am going to catalog my trip through pictures. But don't worry, I will make sure to add some witty commentary to enhance the picture looking experience. Because as we all know, looking at other people's vacation pictures and videos usually is not what we call an enjoyable experience.


* * * * *

My Mom and I had a 3 pm flight from Seattle to Maui, Hawai'i. Conveniently, the airline had somehow decided that unlike our reservation said, we DID NOT want to sit next to each other for the 6 hour flight there. No. Instead we wanted to simply sit in the same row. Well, thankfully we were able to finagle seats next to each other by exchanging my window seat for an aisle one. I thought this was great, until a mere 2 hours into the flight, my mom was bored and continued asking, "Are we there yet?", while I was trying to finish my book. But soon the answer to her question was "Yes, and because of the time zone change, it is only 6 pm!" After renting our car we made the drive to Kahana and discovered this beautiful view from our lanai:


*Sigh*


A sound machine of waves crashing onto a beach was not a machine...I slept with the lanai door wide open all night long.


I was in Hawai'i.

1 comment:

Zoe said...

I love that picture! Wow! I'm so glad you and your mom had a great time. You are so much fun, and you mom is great too. I want to see lots of pictures. We should plan a trip, I know we said it before but for real we should. Nicole! For real!
I have made the move to Houston on Saturday. I'm looking for a place still. Ug. I just want to unpack. Hey, you should come to the rodeo and stay with me in March. That would be fun, right? Yehaw?