Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Happy HAPPY Halloween

I have had quite the great weekend; and I didn't even have to get trussed up in my costume to have it. I was not looking forward to the pre-Halloween jitters in my classroom, but it actually went all right. As I was driving home, looking forward to a quiet evening grading papers and watching some movies, I noticed that I had a phone message. ME! A message. Which is very exciting because I had no idea who had called me [i.e. I was not expecting to hear from a particular person] Rather it was a friend inviting me to celebrate with her and her roommate the Sugar Holiday. Ordering pizza and watching a crazy scary movie. I have no one to blame but myself seeing as I was the one to choose the evening's movie. If you have never seen Wolf Creek, I don't particularly recommend it for the faint of heart, especially considering I saw an edited version. The movie began with the disclaimer; "30,000 people turn up missing in Australia every year. 90% are found within 24 hours..." This is based on a true story. Sound like a campfire ghost story yet?? The movie goes on to scare the living daylights outta me, so much so that I woke up at 5 this morning with a heck of a crick in my neck and an episode of Full House playing over and over again. It was all okay though, the light was on so I was safe!

No comments: