Thursday, October 19, 2006

Am I addicted to Fabio?

After life with friends, I have had to fill my time with a poor substitution. Well, not so poor, just less interactive and this substitution doesn't laugh at my jokes. Since moving to Houston and into my own apartment, I have rigorously scheduled my week out according to TiVo and new season episodes. So lets begin with my top 5:

#5 Ugly Betty - Watching 5 minutes of this Series Premiere had me thinking it was the television version of The Devil Wears Prada. I must admit that this show has made it into my weekly "Must Watch" list. In fact the show has me permanently scheduling the show time slot into the TiVo (for ease hereon referred to Fabio II, for reasons known). A good show has you rooting or at least connecting to its characters. Now I have never been employed by a high fashion magazine (heaven knows why not?!) nor do I connect with the oddly honest yet likable Betty Suarez; but rather it is like waiting to watch a train wreck happen; waiting to see the next cringe-worthy outfit that America will be wearing next.

#4 Bachelor Rome - I personally vote for the lone brunette in the sea of blondes; especially if that sea is the Mediterranean...did I mention that it is near Italy?

#3 America's Next Top Model - 13 teens and early 20-somethings, where Melrose is old at 23. Television cannot get better than this. I stay tuned each week to see what Miss Tyra Banks has in store for the smaller and smaller group of Top Model wanna-bees. I almost lost it when on one of the first episodes of the new season when my idol Queen Latifa came strolling out. This season's competition is getting stiff, and the challenges are getting more intense, but keep an eye out...my vote is for Cari Dee. {2nd row from bottom, blonde gal on the right!}


#2 Grey's Anatomy
...Dr. McSteamy...
newest permanent cast member on the show;






'Nuff said







#1 LOST - Oh where oh where do I begin? Now this would be the original show that got me hooked on the "once-a-week" dramas. I was on a cruise to Key West, Mexico with some friends this past June. In the evenings after the activities that did not include consuming copious amounts of alcohol were over, there was not much to do, so we would retire to our cabin, get into those trusty pajamas...and crowd around the lap top to watch season 1 of this fabulous show. I was hooked 7 minutes into the pilot episode. We laughed when we decided that it was slightly disconcerting to be watching a show about people being stranded on a deserted island when we were miles out to see with no land in sight. Didn't stop me from watching the show though! Besides each week I try to decide if it is good guy Dr. Jack or bad boy Sawyer that I'm in love with more...

Conclusion: Fabio II is well worth the extra $7.50 per month.

4 comments:

Bone Junior said...

I kind of gagged a little when I read your #1, but it's OK. Just don't expect me to watch it when I'm there next week. When did you get TiVo!! He is the boyfriend shared by me and my roommates. Here is what our season pass list looks like - see if you can guess which roommate belongs to which show...
-Grey's Anatomy
-Prison Break
-Reba
-Star Trek
-The Brittas Empire
-It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
-The Office
-America's Next Top Model
-The Biggest Loser
-Desperate Housewives
-Heros
-Studio 60
-MXC
-Cash Cab
-Rescue Me

Scratch Subtle said...

I am a bit confused. I didn't see a single mention of Boy Meets World, Full House, or anything on Lifetime Television for Women?!?!?!? Enjoy the new Fabio II to the fullest extend, just don't sit on the remote. (You SAT on TiVo??)

Bone Junior said...

I sit on.

HPLuvr said...

My maid would NEVER sit on Fabio II! Quite the list...except who watches Reba?