Wednesday, September 05, 2007

I Have Seen It All

Setting up the scene:
You have seen everything when you are at a local IHOP
[International House of Pancakes-

for those of you who didn't catch on to the acronymn]
casually finishing your breakfast, when out of the corner of your eye you notice that the group of teenagers have left the table next to you. Their leftovers were left on the plates, just waiting for the waitress to clear them away. Not so strange. Until you factor in the small army of a family coming in. Like five kids march by our table. Then [this is the part even I can't believe] one of the adults most casually walks by the now empty, but not yet cleared table, and grabs one of the pancake plates! GRABS. THE. LEFTOVER. PANCAKE. PLATES! EWWW! I mean if you really are that hungry I bet even IHOP would not deny you a couple of packages of soup crackers.

And dedicated to Bone Jr.- who I have it on good authority- was treated to a Bone Family delicacy a couple of times at a young age.
Looking for an Eggs Benedict recipe in this book, I came across the rarebit recipe. So I TOO could enjoy the Bone Family delicacy.
Look carefully under the Winter Weekend Breakfast, first item...

1 comment:

Bone Junior said...

I told you so!!! Hooray!!! Turns out my family's not so crazy as I thought :)