Saturday, September 15, 2007

Craziest Date Ever?

So revisiting Bonnie Wedding week... I was at home in Seattle trying to figure out if I should arrive at the wedding with a date. Yup, you read that right. Seeing as of the SIX of us bridesmaids, 2 were married, 3 had at least one baby, 1 was in a "serious" relationship, and just 2 of us were Happy Singles, I didn't want to stick out like the out-of-town single friend. It ended up that my lil' sis had someone already in mind. Now who is the lucky one? So yes, Eneras and her bf called me up one night soon before the wedding to go out on a double date. Trusting that Eneras would not set me up with a dud, I said yes, and was ready by 10:00 to go out dancing. The boys said they knew exactly where we were going. Uh, or so I thought; when we drove downtown Seattle and arrive at a pretty busy nightclub. When we made it in:

"I think this is a gay bar." I lean over and whisper to my Eneras.

She skooms the crowd, "I have to go to the restroom. I'll be right back."

I skulk around the edges of the dance floor, and cement it in my own mind, that I am not looking for the same thing as the people around me. I try to catch the eye of my date, who was currently securing me a diet soda. When Eneras comes out of the bathroom and utters the words that will get us out of here;

"Yeah, its a gay bar. Lets get outta here."

THANK GOODNESS. But what to do next? Oh, yeah how could I forget the hookah bar. The what? Pretty much it is the place of the best gyro [year-ro] I. have. ever. eaten. And if you could forget the big "bong-ish" things everyone was sipping out-tuv, I could really appreciate the delish food that I was eating. I recommend. That and dating a guy whose name you could pronounce :) No worries, I finally got it down by the time I made it back to Provo and was telling my story to Yanaj and Bone Jr. Fondly dubbed "My Date and The Gay Bar."

No comments: