Saturday, April 28, 2007

Toby, Alan, George, and Friends

My man...the Toby Keith!

Apparently one of the bad boys of country.

For years and years and years... well ever since I saw a picture of my Toby; I have wanted to see him live. How lucky I felt that after wimping out paying $75.00 per ticket to see him on my birthdays in Utah, that the tickets were free flowing during March Madness...a.k.a...the Houston Rodeo. When Texans say rodeo, they mean rodeo- cowboys; lassoes; cowboys; bucking broncs; chuck wagon races; oh did I mention cowboys? I was able to go to openning night of the rodeo, a sold out 70,000 crowd to see George Straight. Also, Alan Jackson and of course Toby.

One of the more attractive cowboys... he scored pretty high too; if you're interested in that sort of thing.


Surprisingly, I was not the only one to wear 'mah' cowboy hat an' belt buckle. I also ate my bbq with the best of them.

How can I resist the bandana and cowboy hat??

And here is what Toby looked like performing onstage. Not to compare him to George and Alan, but he really worked the crowd and sung his H-E-A-R-T out.

I wouldn't be a true fan-in-fatuation without adding one more clip of Toby...



Alan Jackson, equally as exciting to see and sing along to. Here is where I was doubly grateful that the music was loud enough to cover up my skills. Or if you take Bone Junior's advice the less you know of a song or melody the louder you should turn up the music and sing.

A song a novice-country music listener might recognize. Or to those listeners that "force themselves" to listen to country to prepare for their trips to Texas. Either way...

What it was like to be breathing the same air as these rockin' country legends...oh and a stadium full of other redneck fans.

No comments: