Sunday, November 09, 2008

Horror of the Order of the Phoenix

At the end of every school day, the kids volunteer (as in I assign students) to do clean up jobs around the classroom before they get their backpacks and coats together to leave for the day. Well, one afternoon after most of the kids had waved good bye and practically bolted out the door, I had my one or two students still slowly getting packed up to go. These two can usually be counted on to be the last ones out the door, but no complaints from me- they are fun to chatter with. So on this particular afternoon- I was gazing around the room and noticed that we had NOT done a very good job picking up after ourselves today. I asked the two still in the room what they thought of what had been left behind...

One took a moment to consider the question and then took another moment to look out onto the classroom. Before he uttered "It looks like the Horror of the Order of the Phoenix." After I managed to stifle the laughter I remarked about what an interesting way to put that. But after he had left and I was taking a few pictures, I had to ask myself,

"Was he referring to the floor, or the condition of the inside of his desk?"

No comments: