Friday, May 30, 2008

Feel Safe...or fail safe?

The other night around 11pm I was sitting in my front room reading before going to bed. Everything was quiet, until someone began pounding on my door. Then it was my heart doing the pounding. I did not know what to do. How badly did I want to know who it was? Did I need to know? I got up and went to my door- and made a decision and called out, "Hello? Who is it?" And yet got no response. I was hoping that it was Bone Junior or Yanaj simply playing an ill-chosen trick on me, which has been known to happen. So I quietly tip toed to my room and pressed "4" on my speed dial. "Yeah," I whispered, "hi Yanaj, are you at home right now?" Unfortunately, she did not give me the response I was hoping for... "Yup, whats up?" So I proceeded to explain the situation. I was grateful for Yanaj's calm response. She asked if I wanted her to stay on the phone while I answered to door to see who it was, or at least until I was sure they were gone. Well, as it turned out, I simply talked on the phone for a few more minutes, turned out the lights and looked out my front window. No one seemed to be there. So I have no idea who came knocking at such a late hour. But I knew what to do next.

The following morning I called my manager and asked if he would consider putting a peep hole in my otherwise peep-hole-less door. I am now the proud owner of this view...and NO it is not bars on my windows.

I was excited to use it for the first time too.

but apparently you can see the flash through the peep hole...

2 comments:

Kirstin said...

Scary experience. It sounds like you got something to help, though. I love the pictures, especially the ones of Janay (or Yanaj). Tell them I say hi, when you get a chance.

Toots said...

that's HILARIOUS! I wonder who it was knocking on your door though. yIKES!