Monday, December 28, 2009

Happy Almost New Year

1. Saw my very first 3D movie, stylish glasses and all. My dad and I went to see Avatar- what a colorful movie! Originally I went to see it for the 3D experience, but was looking forward to the story as I had heard numerous great reviews about it. Well, I would have to agree that the movie held my attention for the entire 3+ hours. In fact, I was able to appreciate the entire movie from the best seats in the house. Right in front of the metal bar in which to rest ones feet comfortably. I really did like this movie (once I got past the strange looking characters).

2. Found a floor length, black, formal dress (that fulfilled all my requirements) for $29...what a steal!

3. E.L.F. Makeup. I do love their eye shadow brushes. http://www.eyeslipsface.com/

4. Being kicked out of a bar. Let me explain. For a friend's wedding she planned a bridesmaid weekend for all her girls. We checked out the wedding location, decided on those lovely "dresses" we all get to wear, began putting together wedding announcements/invitations, and eventually we sat around eating some dinner- the group decided that we needed to go out and have some fun. I am not a drinker, but everyone else is. I went along as a DD and we tried to find somewhere that didn't have a cover charge. Obviously I was no help in this planning, but we ended up at a typical dive, except that it was packed full, for unknown reasons. We stood around a bit waiting for a table or a few chairs to open up. No such luck, so we were on our way out. This is when I spotted a table and motioned everyone over. We got enough chairs around a table meant for less than us, but it worked. Until the waitress told us we couldn't stay- huh? We left (not happily) and ended up at a place that did karaoke. Yes. I did it. But yes, I was kicked out of a bar.

5. Shot the Moon in a game of Hearts against my computer. Nerdy? Yes.

6. Looking for a good book to take along on my cruise...any suggestions? On my first cruise, I read The Devil Wears Prada. Which, 1) I enjoyed reading, 2) Is still on my bookshelf...and 3) Still has a slight "sunscreeny" smell to it from an unfortunate incident on aforementioned cruise.

7. I found this website... http://itmademyday.com/

*Caution there are some entries that are on the
questionable side. But it certainly makes my day
reading about good things that are happening to people.
Here are some of my more favorite ones:
  • As we were exchanging gifts on Christmas day, my sister suddenly stood up, cheered and yelled "I got a snuggie you wear backwards!" It was a bath robe. IMMD.

  • In class we were doing an "alchemy" lab in chemistry- one of the steps was to say "abra cadabara". Instead one boy shouted "AVADA KEDAVRA" and got sent to the corner, with a sticky note that said Azkaban. IMMD.

  • I was ordering from a local calzone shop online and under the special instructions section, I put "make it with love". When my calzone was delivered I opened the box and on the inside of the lid it said "With Love, From Bill". IMMD.
8. Anyone out there who hasn't seen the advertising blitz for Snuggies recently? Well, I always have a good laugh when I see the commercial or a box of one at the store. Who would buy a backwards robe? Seriously, if you stood up, your entire backside would chill. Then one day, I overheard a lady behind me, inquire whether they had any more of the "Pink snuggies, as there are none left on the shelf." I walked away wondering who was receiving the non-pink snuggie this year under the tree...

9. LOST...soon...so soon.

10. I finally opened and watched, Kung Fu Panda. Bought the movie on Black Friday before seeing it and was surprised with it- 'skadush' - sometimes this buying before seeing does work.

11. New Year's Eve as a LDS Single...summed up by a non-single.

"On New Years Eve I was asked to run a photo booth for the Regional Singles dance in Seattle. Matt and I had a great time seeing friends and laughing about how lucky we are to be happily married and OUT of the singles ward :)"



12. Started a new holiday tradition. We celebrated Christmas with the extended family the weekend before Christmas...and then a quieter one here at home. That way extended family is not rushing around trying to fit visiting everyone in on the Eve or the morning of. I kinda liked it. I vote it in to stay.

13. Ever go to your bookshelf in search of a loved, specific book, and then not been able to find it?? Doesn't happen to me often, but the other night I found a hardback copy of the first Sisters Grimm book, Fairy Tale Detectives, at Half Price Books (at a steal!) and I began reading the books again. This series is a quick read, and before I knew it I was trying to find my copy of the third in the series, The Problem Child. Could not find it anywhere. So spent the next day looking for a public library that had both the 3rd and the most recently published, 7th installment, the only library being one not too far away. Now all I'm worried about is, 'Where are my copies of these books?'

14. Nothing beats a cold winters evening, slipping into bed with sheets that are soft, fuzzy, and warm- and even better? Flannel Sheets for $15!!!

No comments: