Winds of Change....Warren Buffet is asking each addressee to forward this email to a minimum of twenty people on their address list; in turn ask each of those to do likewise.
In three days, most people in The United States of America will have the message. This is one idea that really should be passed around.
_*Congressional Reform Act of 2011*_1. No Tenure / No Pension: A Congressman/woman collects a salary while in office and receives no pay when they're out of office.2. Congress (past, present & future) participates in Social Security. All funds in the Congressional retirement fund move to the Social Security system immediately. All future funds flow into the Social Security system, and Congress participates with the American people. It may not be used for any other purpose.
3. Congress can purchase their own retirement plan, just as all Americans do.
4. Congress will no longer vote themselves a pay raise. Congressional pay will rise by the lower of CPI or 3%.
5. Congress loses their current health care system and participates in the same health care system as the American people.
6. Congress must equally abide by all laws they impose on the American people.
7. All contracts with past and present Congressmen/women are void effective 1/1/12. The American people did not make this contract with Congressmen/women. Congressmen/women made all these contracts for themselves. Serving in Congress is an honor, not a career. The Founding Fathers envisioned citizen legislators, so ours should serve their term(s), then go home and back to work.
If each person contacts a minimum of twenty people then it will only take three days for most people (in the U.S.) to receive the message. Don't you think it's time?
THIS IS HOW YOU FIX CONGRESS!
Monday, December 05, 2011
Congressional Reform Act of 2011
As I got a nasty virus-y thing in my hotmail email account this year...one in which it sent random emails to EVERYONE in my address book, multiple times per day. Yup including those few people that I would rather not have more contact with (in which I probably should have deleted their email address long ago) I had to get a new email address and I just haven't updated my address book yet. So in that tone, when I get emails that tell me to "forward to 20 million others..." I don't. Probably explains why "my dreams/wishes/hopes" have not been fulfilled, that I haven't "found true love within the last 5 minutes" or won the lottery. But that is besides the point. The following is the text from an email that although I won't be emailing to others, still felt it important enough to share. Please read and think about what this means!