Saturday, February 23, 2008

TV My Way

After months of inner debates, falling asleep 10 minutes BEFORE my LOST episode begins, and gazing enviously at my friend's TiVOs (i.e. El Paco or Pablo or Pedro...something like that)- I bit the bullet and began researching one all for my own. First place I looked was of course online at their easy to use website. Once I was armed with all of the pricing information, I headed off to Best Buy (just to compare prices and ask some in depth questions). The powers to be combined and I walked out a happy camper- TiVo box in hand- with an offer to "help me out to my car with my purchase".

I was assured that all I needed to hook up my TiVo was included :)

I got home and unloaded all my purchases onto my bed. Okay. So TiVo wasn't the only purchase I made... Retail Therapy people! But it was the big one. Anyway, I opened the box and there staring up at me was the most beautiful piece of electronics that I have laid eyes on in awhile. Although, gazing at all those cords, I was secretly hoping that the setup instructions were easy to decipher.

In no time at all I was sitting on my bedroom floor, surrounded by cords and wires, plastic wrappers, twisty ties, and empty boxes...attempting to fend off Ronald (he loved the empty boxes- thought that was the best part of the purchase)...and p.s. why do they make it so difficult to feed cords around in entertainment centers? I felt like I had things under control, but it was a puzzler at times.

The red cord goes IN the TiVo to the OUT on the DVD player, which in turn has another red cord going from the OUT to the IN on the TV. But hey at least it is all color coded for people like me! I soon discovered that in fact I did NOT have all the necessary equipment to fully set up my TiVo. I needed one more ethernet cord! Frustrating, but easily remedied with a trip to Wally World the next day.

One hour, two phone calls, and 17 attempts to program my new remote control and I was enjoying the benefits of my TiVo,
now affectionately dubbed Sayid.

With that first
"boop boop"
I was hooked.

What a wonderful invention- and as they mention multiple times on their website finally
"TV my way".

1 comment:

Zoe said...

You fell asleep 10 before LOST! Those kids are working you too hard!